Hotmail, a Microsoft online service, has been providing free email accounts to netizens since 1996. Currently, Hotmail boasts more than 359 million registered users including many businesses, schools, and government departments. In July 2012, the total number of messages sent per day exceeded 10 billion (10e9). It’s hard to believe that it is now 17 years since the service began.
If you are reading this, then you must be a Hotmail user. Congratulations! You have the privilege of enjoying one of the most popular web-based email services in existence today. Unfortunately, many people don’t know how to use Hotmail to its full potential. Hopefully, by the time you’re done reading this post, that will no longer be true for you! Here we go:
13 Tips to Use Hotmail in Efficient Way
1) Check your inbox more than once per day
2) Make sure your spam filter is on and working properly
3) Create folders for emails with similar subjects or topics
4) Keep track of important emails using labels or
5) Use the calendar to keep track of your upcoming events
6) Reply as soon as you can, not when you have time
7) Never delete emails from people you don’t know. Delete spam and ads instead.
i.e.: Delete this email 8) Don’t forget Hotmail has a mobile app. Use it!
9) Never, ever give out your password to anyone or any website (e.g.: Facebook)
10) Make sure you’re using the most up-to-date version of Internet Explorer by visiting this page
11) Don’t forget to check out my blog!
12) Stay tuned for more posts such as this one!
13) Happy emailing!
If you follow these tips, you should be well on your way to enjoying the full benefits of Hotmail and email in general… Have fun! And if there’s anything I can do to improve this post, or if you have any questions about Hotmail, email in general, web-based email services, or Hotmail sign up, let me know by leaving a comment at the bottom of this page. Cheers!
Features of Hotmail
There are many features of Hotmail Registreer which you may or may not know about, so here’s a detailed list:
1. The ability to Drag and Drop emails into folders, thus keeping your inbox clean and organized.
2. Record and send voice messages with video (the real-time feature is too slow but the message is sent instantly).
3. Reply to a message you’ve just received, even if the sender is offline or online at another time (this depends on your connection speed – e.g.: 1 Mbps would take about 3 minutes to reply) .
4. Call any of your contacts right from their Inbox with Skype (10 cents per minute, or possible free service with a Skype Credit).
5. Automatic Backup of messages to your Windows Live SkyDrive (10 GB FREE storage) .
6. Run multiple accounts (anyone can do this) and switch between them quickly and easily, as well as send messages without logging in – perfect for online dating!
7. Multiple account management and the ability to print your messages.
8. Store vital documents (10 MB free storage) on Hotmail or SkyDrive (Windows Live).
9. The availability of Windows, Mac or Linux compatible applications that are equipped with offline access for when you don’t have internet access.