Whether you are a student, an employee or a freelancer, you need to handle your official communication through emails. Emails assist in the successful sharing of heavy and confidential files. Today we will discuss one of the most popular free email service providers: “Gmail”.
Introduction to Gmail:
Gmail was launched in 2004 with the storage capacity of one gigabyte per user, which provided it an edge over its competitors from . The one-gigabyte storage limit is today exceeded to 15 gigabytes of storage. The service provided the facility of receiving emails up to 50 megabytes and send up to 25 megabytes. If in case, the user wants to send a heavier file, they need not worry because of the feature of sending through Google Drive.
Besides this, the service provider offers several more interesting features. Let’s take a look at some of them Hotmail.nl.
Features of Gmail:
It is not feasible to include all the amazing features that Gmail comes with. However, we have tried to include some of the recently added features.
- Right Click Menu: On right clicking your message in your Gmail account, you get several new shortcut options besides the basic archive, delete, read/unread, snooze, reply, reply all and forward functions. You can now easily search for additional messages from that sender, apply labels to a message or move it to a different inbox.
- Snooze Option: You checked your mail but do not have time to take any action over it. There are chances that you may forget about it; however, Gmail’s snooze option comes to your rescue here. It makes a message go away and can later seek your attention depending on your availability.
- Scheduling Emails: You want to send an important mail to your client late at night but will be out with your family? Gmail’s “New Write Now Send Later feature” can compose your message and decide the time for when it should be sent to the recipient.
How to Sign up on Gmail:
Do you want to create your Gmail account but are unsure about how to do it? You don’t have to look any further as we give you a step by step guide of the signup process.
- Open a web browser. Go to “Gmail.com” and click on create an account.
Caution: If your browser has been used for other Google accounts, you will be prompted to choose an account from the list of user accounts. Click on “Use another account” and the bottom and you will be redirected to the sign-in screen.
- Select “For me” and fill the required text boxes on the following page. Then, select next.
- You will now be asked to enter your phone number to verify your identity. Enter your number and select “Next”. You will now get a code from Google on your number which you must add on the following page.
- You will be requested to add your phone number to link it with your account. However, it is confidential and will not be visible to anybody. Provide the account recovery details which are purely optional and then click “Next”.
- Select “I agree” on Google’s Terms and Conditions and you would be taken to your account page and you can then select the template you want for your account.
- You can now change your profile picture and choose a theme for your Gmail interface.
- In order to send a new message, click on the option of “Compose” in the side menu.
- If you feel any of your email messages are important, you can mark it with a star icon beside it.
- You can delete a message by clicking on the checkbox beside it and select trash. However, to permanently delete it, you need to select Trash from the left toolbar and click empty trash.
- To sign out of your Gmail account, select Sign Out by selecting your profile icon in the top-right cornerfrom .